I work with amazing, imperfect, giving, and committed business owners and souls every day, and the core of my business is about uplifting others and the values that are important for them to share. So it only seemed right to start a monthly series featuring these great people and the great things they are doing! This month I’m talking to Rocio Stock, a life coach for young girls based in San Diego, CA.
The seed for this series started when I discovered the #communityovercompetition hashtag on Instagram. I was blown away by the thousands of business owners who were committed to this idea, but tagging photos with this hashtag didn’t feel like enough to me.
Every month you’ll hear from a business owner doing great things in his or her circle of influence, and hopefully you’ll be able to take away a nugget of knowledge to use in your own life.
Now it’s time to chat a bit with Rocio! She is a certified life coach that focuses her energy on tweens to young adult girls, after spending much of her career mentoring and teaching them in various roles. I asked her this question:
And boy, did she deliver:
Girls need 5 SAFE PEOPLE in their lives.
1. A Non-Judgmental Adult. Someone they can confide in, knowing they won’t be judged; especially if they need help getting out of a mess that they’ve made.
2. A Cheerleader. Someone they know will always be there to give them words of affirmation and celebrate even the smallest of victories.
3. A Great Listener. Someone to simply listen as they share their hearts, their joys, concerns and sorrows.
4. A Trustworthy Adult. Someone they can go to for advice, knowing they will receive advice that they can trust.
5. An Adult Who Values Quality Time. Someone they know will spend time with them simply because they love them. Quality time equals love, and that’s priceless.
Heck, this applies to adults too! But can you imagine what your angsty teenage years would have created with intentional relationships like this? So much of what we battle as adults stem from these formative years, so I will forever be an evangelist about her work with these girls. I admire her so much, and I thank her so deeply for sharing this advice!
If you would like to learn more about Rocio and her work as a life coach, leave some love here and tell her I sent you! And if you’re a coach or educator looking to expand your online presence, drop me a message here to get started!
BRANDING + WEB DESIGN BY FEMME COLLECTIVE STUDIO
Katherine Schwingel Photography LLC © 2019-2022
All Rights Reserved
Branding + Web Design | FemmeCollectiveStudio.com
ORANGE COUNTY, CA BRANDING AND PRODUCT PHOTOGRAPHER
SERVING COSTA MESA, NEWPORT BEACH, HUNTINGTON BEACH, IRVINE, LAGUNA BEACH, DANA POINT, SAN CLEMENTE, OCEANSIDE, AND SURROUNDING CITIES
KATHERINE SCHWINGEL PHOTOGRAPHY LLC © 2019-2022 | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED