I’m not sure how I stumbled upon Mackenzie Horan’s list of 101 things to accomplish in 1001 days, but I’m stoked that I did! I started a list back in 2017, and realized I was due for an update and a new list. And of course, with all of this newfound time in quarantine, I had no excuses. I love being able to mix smaller bite size goals in with larger bucket list type goals that can be done in 2.75 years!
This is not only a post to keep myself accountable, but maybe you’ll be inspired to create your own list (I’ve been told writing your goals down ups your chances of the goals being hit, as I’m sure you’ve heard too).
I’ll keep updating this list as I go, and I’m hoping to beat my record!
START DATE: June 16, 2020
END DATE: March 14, 2023
- Beat my past 101 in 1001 record of 32. (Go for goals you can realistically hit!)
- Watch 10 documentaries.
- Read 30 books.
- Read for 30 minutes every day for one month.
- Pray and meditate for 10 minutes in the morning.
- Journal about the every day experiences of building your business.
- Find a dermatologist I trust.
- Vote in a local election.
- Inspire 1 person to make their own 101 list.
- Volunteer at least 10 hours for a cause I believe in.
- Write a letter to an author whose work you admire.
- Keep computer desktop clear of clutter.
- Research functional medicine doctors.
- Order custom jeans with my giveaway voucher.
- Make your new vision board.
- Publish an article.
- Start my podcast.
- Upgrade photo gear.
- Build email list to 500 subscribers.
- Update services on the website (such cool things coming soon!)
- Take a copywriting class.
- Start and finish 10 courses that I’ve already paid for.
- Create a video from BTS footage of a shoot.
- Collaborate with a coach for an in-person event.
- Create my digital online shop for education and resources.
- Be featured in Click, Darling, or Belong Magazine.
- Create a repeatable content strategy that you can stick to consistently.
- Continue hosting meetups for Social Curator.
- Blog weekly.
- Speak at an event and share knowledge.
- Fall asleep in a hammock.
- Dance in the rain.
- Send flowers to someone out of the blue.
- Travel first class for a trip.
- Try a Sound Bath in the desert.
- Garden with Dad.
- Unplug from all tech for a day (no phone, internet, or TV).
- Take an in person cooking class.
- Go rollerblading.
- Take a pottery class.
- Go on a wellness retreat.
- Try acupuncture.
- See a TED Talk live.
- Rent a Vespa and just have a good time driving around.
- Pull off an epic surprise for someone.
- Cook at least 5 new dishes.
- Start collecting something from travel adventures (art?)
- Host a lunch for local business owners.
- Attend a business conference.
- Go on a photography retreat in a new place.
HEALTH & WELLNESS (0/11)
- Take daily vitamins for a month.
- Give essential oils a shot.
- Switch all makeup/skincare to natural products.
- Maintain 115 oz of water per day for a month.
- Take a pilates class.
- Kickbox 3 times a week for 2 months.
- Establish a night routine with products that work for me.
- Do a full spa day for yourself.
- Create core strength and arm muscle tone.
- Get 8+ hours of sleep at least 5 days a week.
- Try therapy.
- Get the REAL ID.
- Renew your passport and apply for Global Entry and TSA pre-check.
- Travel to 10 places I’ve never been before.
- Visit family in New Mexico.
- Go to Magnolia in Texas.
- Sign up for a Pack Up & Go weekend trip.
- Take a trip with Mom.
- Visit Charleston.
- Visit Japan and stay in a ryokan for a night.
- Go paddleboarding.
- Stay at the Ojai Valley Inn.
- Try 10 new-to-me restaurants.
- Take a road trip to Big Sur.
- Spend a weekend in San Diego at an Airbnb or rad hotel.
- Get a better home office chair.
- Buy flowers for yourself at least once a month.
- Clean the closet/donate excess clothing once a year.
- Organize your styling props.
- Get an airfryer and use it once a week.
JUST FOR FUN (0/10)
- Leave a 100% tip for great service.
- Buy dinner for a table of strangers anonymously.
- Pay for the person behind me at the coffee shop.
- Go to a trampoline park.
- Go ziplining.
- Go to a concert at least once a year.
- Watch a concert at the Hollywood Bowl.
- Ride in a hot air balloon.
- Go to a Ducks hockey game with friends.
- Make a macrame wall hanging.
- Implement “You Need a Budget” app into your monthly money plan.
- Fund a Vanguard Roth IRA ($1000 to start).
- Go one month without shopping for anything unnecessary.
- Continue automatic savings transfers and up the amount every 6 months.
- Donate $5 for every goal hit to a charity.
- Save a 6 month emergency fund.
- Buy a new iPhone.
- Don’t get takeout for an entire month.
- Stay on budget for a month.
- Keep up with Quickbooks for the business monthly.
- Invest in a business coach.
Will you make your own list?! Let me know if you do – we can keep each other accountable. Send me a DM @katherineschwingel to celebrate!